My nickname is now Tater.

>> Saturday, May 17, 2008

Since all I did yesterday was peel, slice, and wash potatoes, the line cooks and the head chef gave me the nickname Tater. I was still called that today even though I didn't even touch one potato. Today I breaded halibut and salmon, peeled some horseradish for garnishing steaks, rubbed down 2 large roasts, boiled 12 eggs, and marked some new towels so that they would be returned to the kitchen after being washed. While I was breading fish, the first guests arrived at the lodge my motor coach. We had to go outside and wave at them, and I felt like I should have not been out there because I was covered in dirt from the horseradish, blood from the roast, and flour, egg wash, and panko from the fish. At least they knew that I was working hard to get their dinner fixings ready. After I was done with work, I was given a paper chef hat by Ryan, the head chef. He had worn it out to greet the guests, and I had asked him for it since he said that he hated it. I'll be sure to take a picture of it when I grab batteries for my camera. The gift shop opened up today, so I went there and bought a couple of things. They sadly didn't have any stamps, so if anyone wants to send me something, I would love some stamps. I promise if you send me stamps, I will send you a postcard from Alaska.

1 comments:

MomandDad May 23, 2008 at 4:13 PM  

Hi Tater,
I sent you some batteries for your camera, and some stamps. That doesn't mean I want pics of the postcards, I want the real thing.
We're glad you are having a good time there. You'll have to let us know how much gold you get when you go panning.
We love and miss you very much, but are happy for you on this great adventure.
Love ya lots
Mom and Dad