Finally some down time...

>> Monday, June 2, 2008

I apologize for not posting recently, as it has become very hectic at the lodge ever since some of our cooks and dishwashers have been quitting randomly. Other than that, it has been pretty exciting. On my last weekend off I went whitewater rafting (which was scary yet fun), and I plan on going to a cruise around Prince William Sound tomorrow. The weather around here is always either mild or cold, which is really enjoyable during the summer when I would usually be sweating profusely if I were back in Oregon. Prepping food has been really simple ever since I started to remember what needed to be done every day, and I am apparently so good at it that I am starting to be trained as a line cook. Here are some pictures I took while walking to lunch on one of my days off:


Some mountains around the lodge. This one is still active.


This is the lodge where I work at.


Even more mountains.

0 comments: