Working very hard...

>> Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I have been so busy that I haven't had enough time to update this as much as possible. I'll start out with the bad news around here. A couple of hikers in the sister lodge in Denali went missing last Thursday when they went out on a hike. They are experienced hikers, but they do not know the area. I am hoping that they will get back safely. Also, the kitchen flooded yesterday, as did dry storage. I'm not sure if any food or things were damaged, and I am hoping it stays that way. We still have yet to replace the dishwashers and cooks that have quit, and more are going to be fired soon. I have been able to convince a friend in New Zealand to come and help us out, since he has a bit of experience in food service. I just hope he can come here really soon. I do several jobs at once, and I am moving up to desserts and salads sometime soon (I am taking the place of a woman who is pregnant and swelling like a balloon).

0 comments: