2 more weeks until graduation!

>> Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Yay! I've got one last project coming up, then I get to head out into the industry and try out my skills. I'm hoping to find an externship to start out with, or if I can find a place that will take me, I'll go straight to working full-time. Hopefully with my weekends being free, I'll have a better change of being hired.
As for my project, it's a buffet project. I have to do 3 types of small pastries, 3 types of petit fours, and 3 types of candies, 1 being non-chocolate. I've got most of it planned already, with the prep schedule to still figure out, and what I'm going to do for my large piece. For the showpiece, I'll most likely be doing some more sugar work.
As for non-school stuff, I've been working on my computer trying to free up some extra space. I deleted a lot of music, and a couple of old programs. Sadly, my all my electronics all seem to be failing at the same time. The delete key is dead (I accidentally spilled a bit of water onto the keyboard. Hopefully the key will work after it dries out) on my laptop, my MP3 player seems to be dying, my DS lite no longer plays music (it works with headphones, though), my earbuds are getting all gross (I need to change the foam), my other headphones broke (Thats what I get from buying from Walmart, and the AV jacks on my TV are falling off.
I've been looking into a new MP3 player, and once I get some money, I'll get an ipod touch. I like the look of it, plus the whole movie storage thing is good. I also like the apps, which look quite useful.

0 comments: