Menu project coming up, and I'm procrastinating

>> Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The title says it all. I've already gotten the 4 items that I will be doing, but I'm not sure what I'll name them, and I still have to decide on whether to do a shortcake for my fruit dessert, or a flambé, or even sautéed pineapple. I also still have some homework to do, but I think I'll be able to get it done in time. I baked some cookies that turned out pretty well. I would usually use a recipe from my recipe packet, but the only chocolate chip cookie recipe that I had made 5 dozen, and is hard to scale back (1 egg does not easily scale back. >.<). Anyway, I'll post the recipe here, since it turned out great:

Chocolate chip cookies

5 oz butter
4 oz granulated sugar
4 oz brown sugar
1 5/8 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
10 oz pastry flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
10 oz chocolate chips
4 oz chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat the oven to 375F (190C)
Cream together the butter, both sugars, and salt. Add the eggs and stir in one at a time, making sure you scrape the side of the bowl thoroughly between each egg. Add the vanilla, then sift in the pastry flour. Add the chocolate chips, and the nuts if you chose to add them. Drop batter onto oiled sheet pans, and bake 10 to 14 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies.

There you go! Also, Kumoricon was this weekend, and it seemed like there was some problems with security (I didn't go, I couldn't afford it), and space was an issue, too. I hope they solve those things before next year, but I'll still go even if I have to wait 2 hours or more in the cold.

0 comments: